Winter can be a beautiful season. Imagine opening up the doors to a magical Winter Wonderland as seen on many Disney or Christmas film sets. If this sounds exciting, here are a few ideas to help provide some inspiration for your special day:
1. Using the colours blue and white, will help capture the feel of winter within your setting.
2. Tea lights are an affordable and effective way to bring some warmth to the setting. Be sure to check with your venue if these require to be LED rather than a naked flame.
3. Using trees with fake snow and fairy lights will be an effective way to bring the outside in, and create the feel of winter within, without having to cover the entire venue in fake snow.
4. Bring snowflakes into the décor, as decorations , within the stationary and table settings or a snowflake biscuit favour for your guests.
5. Ice sculptures or ice drinking fountains act a a great focal point that can be simple or as extravagant as you wish.
6. Warm fire. (fireplace or an outdoor feature) will bring the joy of a warmth and coziness on a cold winters day. Go the extra mile and provide your guests with an evening hot chocolate (with variety of toppings) and you will be on to a winner!
7. Add hanging/dripping crystals to your décor to create the effect of icicles. These look great when the light reflects off of them and helps create an ice palace feel to your venue.
8. Lighting- work with your venue to create the right lighting for your theme. Blue and frosty uplighting automatically set the mood. Snowflake projections on the walls and dance floor is lovely creative detail.
9. If you are lucky to have real snow on your wedding day, embrace this gift from nature with your photographer. Capture some magical moments amongst the winter backdrop. Check with your photographer and venue for the ideal winter wonderland spot.
10. Dress appropriately. If you are having an outdoor ceremony or intend to have your photos taken outside, be prepared for the cold weather. Don’t forget your bridesmaids and flower girls, gritting their teeth in photos is not a good look. Incorporating beautiful shrugs and long gloves this fashion detail can be the perfect accompaniment for both the look and to keep the ladies warm.
Enjoy the wedding planning process and bringing to life your very own Winter Wonderland !